Intern – Investment Team (3 – 6 months)
The Investment Funds for Health in Africa (“IFHA”) is recruiting an outstanding candidate for an internship position with one of the leading specialized fund managers in Sub-Saharan Africa (“SSA”). You will work closely with senior IFHA professionals enabling you to take a substantial step towards an emerging market investment career.
IFHA is one of the leading specialist fund managers in SSA and backed by large international private and public investors. IFHA has grown from its establishment in 2008 and now consists of two private equity funds (IFHA-I and IFHA-II), which have raised over USD 200m. IFHA invests in SMEs in the healthcare sector of Sub-Saharan Africa – this is an investment space undergoing strong growth as huge infrastructure gaps have to be filled over time to fulfil the great potential of Africa’s demographic dividend.
Internship Overview and Responsibilities:
You will support the investment team to substantially contribute to the success of the funds during your time with us. You will assist with analysis at:
• country level: country studies and analysis of exchange rate risks.
• market level: analysis of healthcare markets and value chains.
• company level: analysis of potential portfolio companies, competitors and benchmarking.
You will also be assigned an ongoing project to complete before the end of the internship period which will demonstrate a real value addition to the fund manager.Your role will be based in Amsterdam for a period of 3-6 months.
This role is particularly suited for candidates:
• studying towards a (i) Masters degree in finance or economics, (ii) MBA, (iii) Professional qualification (CA,CFA).
• with exceptional communication skills and a hands-on mentality.
• skilled and interested in financial modelling, analysis of financial statements, market research, macro-economic analysis.
• skilled in Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• with permission to live and work in the Netherlands.
Interested candidates should email their CV and cover letter to Som Toohey (firstname.lastname@example.org)