AT IFHA, WE INVEST IN FAST-GROWING PRIVATE HEALTHCARE COMPANIES IN AFRICA, WITH A CLEAR FOCUS ON DEVELOPING THE MARKET FOR PRIVATE HEALTH CARE AND ENABLING COMPANIES TO REALIZE THEIR POTENTIAL.
The Investment Funds for Health in Africa (IFHA) are private equity funds dedicated to small to medium size (equity) investments in private healthcare companies in Africa. At IFHA, we invest in private healthcare companies that operate in fast-growing markets and show unique advantages over the competition. IFHA predominantly focuses on companies active in the following sectors:
- Care provisioning: hospitals, clinics and similar care providers.
- Health insurance, including Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) that combine health insurance with care provision. These companies face increased regulation by insurance authorities, who often require substantial additional capital.
- Healthcare products manufacturing, including production of pharmaceuticals, IV fluids, medical supplies, and other medical products.
- Wholesale and distribution of healthcare products, including the distribution of pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, veterinary products, vaccines and other medical products.
- Supporting Industries, including education, ICT services such as claims processing (related to insurance), the management and administration of care facilities, as well as buildings, equipment and medical supplies.
IFHA responds to the growing need for capital investments in private healthcare in Africa, which are driven by the market growth and improved economic performance in Africa over the past number of years.